Our fifth and final stop in Europe. Super hot and busy, but we were able to have many wonderful experiences.
- Dawn found a great rental apartment just off Palazzo Vecchio. Plenty of space and A/C, which allowed us to take much-needed breaks from the heat and crowds.
- Loaded up on carbs at a Trattoria Anita around the corner from our apartment on the first night.
- Waked the halls of the Pitti Palace. In addition to the expected period artwork, they have a costume and fashion exhibit that surprised us.
- Found a wine window.
- “Gelato 30” was the promise of gelato every 3-4 hours.
- Pasta-making class. Brown butter and sage from now on.
- Leonardo Da Vinci Interactive Museum with Dad and Elliot.
- Perfume-making class with Dawn and Dylan.
- Chocolate tasting at Slitti
- Our nicest meal at Buca Mario. Dawn and Dylan shared a huge Florentine steak. All of our steaks in Europe were cooked extremely rare.
- Made it through the crowds to see The David at Accademia Gallery and were glad we did.
Walking Around Florence
Around the Duomo
We never got into the Duomo, but it was on the way to everything else we did.
We promised the boys a lot of gelato. The term “Gelato 30” was coined.
Gallery of the Academy
Our tickets to see David were for our last full day in Florence.
Our last date night was pretty simple. Grab two glasses, a bottle of wine, and head to the Ponte alla Grazie bridge, and watch the sunset.